Monday, November 29, 2010

Time Flies..




I can't believe how long it has been since my last blog entry..
Dolly Rockers has been so busy..here is a quick update summary of the last few months..
Following the great success of Dolly Rockers winter collection 2010 i thought long and hard about what summer 2011 would be about..
Often inspiration creeps slowly up on a designer and many components come together to form an idea. Other times inspiration can hit you in the face like a cannonball heading right for you. And thats exactly what happened to me one unassuming day in September.
I love a little off beat style movies, ones that fly under the box office radar but can often star major movies stars. For example i was continuing my Daniel Craig obsession when i saw a clip from a little rather unknown indy film he did a while back called, "Flashbacks of a Fool".
It was the soundtrack that made me sit up..early Roxy music, in particular the song "if there is something" (and later as i heard to album in its entirety, "Ladytron"). A melodic, memorising obi plays with Bryan Ferry singing his heart out. I loved it.
Over the days following the Ladytron collection metamorphosed into Dolly Rockers newest summer collection..

No comments:

Post a Comment